Why You Should Consider Scrap Metal Recycling
September 7, 2021
Scrap metal recycling is beneficial for conserving resources and caring for our planet. Unlike other recyclable materials, metal can be recycled over and over without losing its quality. Whether you are thinking of recycling metal cans, an old bed frame, or a metal appliance, ADM Rolloff can help. Our transfer station accepts your scrap metal in whatever format. We recycle utilizing the best practices to protect our environment. The benefits of metal recycling make it worthwhile whether you recycle metal on your own or drop it off with our transfer station. We love making recycling easy for our customers, so they can be eco-friendly without the effort.
Benefits of Scrap Metal Recycling
· Lower CO2 Emissions—Significant amounts of CO2 are released into the atmosphere during the mining, processing, and transporting process of metals. Since so much energy is utilized and CO2 released, recycling metals can limit the energy and pollution necessary to have our needed metals.
· Conserve Energy—Renewable energy sources are improving and becoming more readily available, but they are not anywhere close to replacing the less eco-friendly ones. The energy needed to recycle metal vs creating new usable metals is a significant reduction. In terms of energy savings, recycling will benefit the environment and our wallets. Recycling metal is a win win.
· Protect Animals’ Habitats—The mining process is damaging to our environment as a whole and can destroy the homes of animals. Animals are especially at risk from pollution in the soil and water near a mining zone. We need to take steps to protect wildlife and reduce our dependence on mining. Metal recycling minimizes some of the need for mining.
· Save Natural Resources—The amount of metal in our world is not infinite. If we do not start using recycling more effectively, there will eventually come a time when we run out of resources. We can make a difference by simply recycling our scrap metal.
· Avoid Toxic Spills—Electronic devices must be disposed of properly to avoid leaking harmful elements, such as lead, into our soil and water. A laptop battery sitting in a landfill could infuse the soil and nearby water with lead. Avoid contaminating the soil we grow things in and the water we drink through proper metal disposal.
Let us help you recycle your scrap metal at our Transfer Station. We will take all the work and headache out of recycling. Being responsible is easier than ever. You drop off your scrap metal, including cans, electronic devices, appliances, furniture, etc., and we do the rest.